The Alaska Department of Labor & Unemployment Claims division provides financial assistance and employment services to jobless workers in the state of Alaska.
To be eligible to collect unemployment benefits in Alaska the following requirements must be true:
- You must be monetarily eligible.
- You must be totally or partially unemployed.
- You must have an approvable job separation; the law imposes a disqualification for certain types of separations.
- You must meet certain weekly legal requirements; weekly requirements include being physically and mentally able to work, being available for and seeking work*, and filing your weekly claim for benefits on a timely basis.
- If you are identified as likely to exhaust unemployment benefits and are enrolled in the worker profiling and reemployment services program, you must fully participate in all assessment interviews, orientation, and referred reemployment services.
To file online login to myalaska.state.ak.us and click on Unemployment Insurance Benefits
Information needed to file a claim:
Social security number
Name, address, and telephone number of your last employer
Your last day worked
Reason for leaving the job
Wages earned during the last week of employment