The Connecticut Unemployment Services division provides financial assistance and employment services to jobless workers in the state of Connecticut.
To be eligible to collect unemployment benefits in Connecticut the following requirements must be true:
- You must be monetarily eligible.
- You must be totally or partially unemployed.
- You must have an approvable job separation; the law imposes a disqualification for certain types of separations.
- You must meet certain weekly legal requirements; weekly requirements include being physically and mentally able to work, being available for and seeking work*, and filing your weekly claim for benefits on a timely basis.
- If you are identified as likely to exhaust unemployment benefits and are enrolled in the worker profiling and reemployment services program, you must fully participate in all assessment interviews, orientation, and referred reemployment services.
To file for unemployment in Connecticut:
- File your weekly continued claim
Sunday, 12 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (E.S.T.)
- CT Department of Labor Login
For more information or help please visit the Connecticut Labor Departments help website