The California Unemployment Services division provides financial assistance and employment services to jobless workers in the state of California.
To be eligible to receive unemployment benefits in California the following conditions must be meet:
- Have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim.
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.
How to Apply for Unemployment in California:
File your claim online - eApply4UI (Online)
File by Telephone – Telephone us between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. - Phone Numbers
File by Mail or Fax
For more information or further help please refer to California's Unemployment Website