The New Jersery Medicaid Program is a US health program for certain people and families with low incomes. It is jointly funded by the state and federal government, and is managed by the states. To qualify for Medicaid you must be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident, be a low-income adult or have certain disabilities to qualify for Medicaid.
What does Medicaid cover?
Coverage is different for each state, but the following are covered by all Medicaid programs:
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Inpatient \\ Outpatient hospital services
- Health screenings for children and treatment if medical problems are identified
- Comprehensive dental and vision services for children
- Family planning services and supplies
- Long-term care services and supports
- Medical \\ surgical dental services for adults
- Pediatric \\ family nurse practitioner services
- Health clinics
- Nurse-midwife services
- Nursing facility services for adults
- Home health care services for certain people
- Prescription drugs
How to get Medicaid Coverage?
- Coverage eligibility differs by state, but all people who are classified as disabled qualify for Medicaid.
- Some states offer \"Buy-Ins\" Please refer to your states Medicaid program to find out if a buy in option is available.
- In 2014 The Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare will take affect and cover people under age 65, including people with disabilities, with income of about $15,000 for a single individual (higher incomes for couples and families with children).